Here's some more documentation about my work in Second Life:
Intermedia Open House Webpage
And here is how to actually get to our building in Second Life:
http://slurl.com/secondlife/Cybrary%20City%20II/20/227/22
I am going to accomplish the following before Winter break:
- turn the cube that is hovering above the building into a virtual reality space featuring the UI Pentacrest (avatars will be teleported into the cube)
- Do a proof of concept reading with an English graduate student (next week)
- Do a ribbon cutting ceremony/house warming accompanied by public information push with VWU (contact: Lauren Haldeman)
- Train English graduate student and Hannah Holman of the Maia Quartet to use Second Life
- figure out my Spring 2008 fellowship assignment
- prepare presentation of my fellowship work for "show and tell" during finals week. this will be a forum including Padmini, Jim, all the IMLS fellows, and all the project mentors
- classwork?
To do over break:
- Work on web design/development portfolio site that I've been working on in the Virtual Object course. Preview of that site
- arrange Second Life event with Maia Quartet
...probably other things I can't remember at the moment.